The 2013 Savvy Gardener spring class schedule has just been announced. These classes are brought to you by the Saving Water Partnership, Cascade Water Alliance and their affiliated water utilities. The purpose of these classes is to teach people how to create beautiful, sustainable and even edible landscapes, while conserving water. The classes cover a wide range of topics from composting to plant selection. There are classes for beginners and for experienced gardeners.
Classes are held throughout the Seattle area. And all of them are FREE! You do have to register, however, because class sizes are limited.
Here are a few of the classes that will be offered between March and June this year:
- Edible Landscapes for the Homeowner
- Grow Your Own Food Forest
- Sustainable Veggie Gardening
- Native Splendor in the Garden
- Wildlife Friendly Gardening
- Natural Yard Care
- Drip Irrigation 101
- Transform Your Dry Shade Into Lush Beauty
- Sustainable Garden Design